We highly recommend following best practices when creating your campaign.
- Make your message short and sweet by using less than 160 characters
- Personalize your messages to include the name of the candidate and job opening
- Add a URL that links the job posting- Google Maps directions or any useful content
- Preview your messages to make sure it picks up the $firstName, $campaignName, $link, etc.
- Download the mobile app from Google Play or iTunes App Store
- Stay on top of your messages and keep your inbox at zero
- Schedule messages and notification in advance with the 'send at a later date/time' option
- Evaluate campaign success using your dashboard
- If your response rate/time is low, try testing a different time of day to send messages
- Adjust your messaging and make sure you have a clear call to action.
- Call to action should be text message. If you ask them to call or email, it will result in a lower response rate in TextRecruit than the actual response rate.
- Don't try to include too much information- your text should be short, clean and to the point
- Don't send multiple mass texts to the same individuals- no one like to be spammed
- Don't waste time responding to a hard no
- Don't be afraid to ask questions- your Account Manager is always available to help